Download New Naija Music Here

Friday 5 October 2012

MIDNIGHT WONDERs

When rocking grannies toy with knitting threads
And loving couples bask in dreamland wonders
And faithful guards delight in the warmth of pipes
And sleepy owls joyful in the onset of a new life
And scholars light the historic candles                                 
And the world was at peace
Gently swaying trees to the tunes of the night
The sky dozing after a delightful day
Then images of you float in my mind
Of a mortal goddess; an enchanting angel                                   
Softly carved with the beauty of a generation

I will pronounce your name! My love
I will worship you! Milady
And two golden eyes shall be my shrine
Eyes of emerald alloyed with ruby                                          
Stolen from the eternal diamond wells
Eyes glistening, every glance a wave of love
To see thee forever are my only wishes

Oh! My love is beauty personified
Seraphic face capturing the gaze of thousands               
Sensuous lips appealing to the senses
Lips fresh as droplets of rain in spring
Blossoming full like the opening of a rose
Never have I seen a terrain so perfect
With dark eyelashes fluttering with joy                                  
Ah! Venus a sister must have lost

I will honor you! My queen
Every graceful step a sign of grandeur
Skin as velvet; most royal satin
Of sapphire thou must have been made                             
Perfectly carved with no touch of blemish
No stain, no marks, no excesses
Blessed be the womb of your ancestors
And blessed be the month the fifth
If only a better lady exist                                                                       
Of your reflection she must be
For even the famed Da Vinci shall give up
Trying to conjure images of you
And when words of your mouth flow
As the harmonious beat of a million guitar                         
Softly in vacuum like an heavenly revelation

I will pronounce your name! My Princess-
On my knees, your hands to Kiss
To love till eternity, I cross my Heart
To concur my angel, is the only Antidote                             
Your reply I seek for I am love Drunk
And forever we shall live in a place Idyllic
An earthly Eden like a treeless Jungle
A place of royals in romance Adventures
Till the cows come home we shall Tarry-                              
And every twenty first we shall jolly
With dainty eyed fairies and floating angels
High above in the great city of the rock.


1 comment:

  1. and who is Princess KHADIJAT, (last stanza)? Nice poem anyway.. check your inbox

    ReplyDelete